Work with Parents
BH4U offers a confidential setting where children will have the opportunity to explore how they are feeling through the use of many different tools and strategies. However, at BH4U we also understand parents may want to meet with a member of the organisation before counseling begins. Initially parents are invited to meet with a member of the team to discuss the various counseling models and strategies which are used within the sessions.
What parents need to know:
- If you would like to access our services this can be done directly through Brighter Horizons 4U or we can see if this service may be provided through your Child’s school.
- Parental/Guardian consent will need to be obtained before counseling can commence.
- All sessions are confidential however children may decide to discuss their issues further with their parents or guardian.
- Parents and/or Guardians may be invited to attend sessions if this is requested by their child/young person.
- In some cases children may need to be referred to additional services which will be discussed with child, parent and school.
- If parents would like further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
Linda Foster from Brighter Horizons4U has supported my daughter and myself through the most difficult time. Linda has been a support for Chantel from the first day she started her placement at Impact. Over a period of time Linda has built a relationship with Chantel based on trust and I have seen Chantel grow in confidence over this time.
Chantel’s mum, Elaine
Plaza screening for youngsters crime prevention film production
A free film on how to prevent crime produced by 10 yong people was screened last night. It was called Crime: True Stories. The youngsters used drama and interviews to reconstruct common crimes such as burglary, assault and hate crime and suggested ways of protecting people against them. Brighter Horizons4u a sefton based counselling service attended the filming sessions to offer support and advice for victims of crime. The project was designed by Christine Physick, the Plaza Cinema director of of creative development and Ian Chapman the director of cottonfield Films in conjunction with Community Foundation for Merseyside and Merseyside Police Authority.
We now have the facility to accept donations for our charity to enable us to contiue with our services. Any donation no matter how small will be gratefuly received. Click on our Donate Logo or on the Donate Link on top banner to make a donation thank you.